Since 1955, Troop 59, has delivered the promise of scouting to boys in Marin County. What is that promise? Scouting promises boys the great outdoors. As a Scout, you can learn how to camp and hike without leaving a trace and how to take care of the land. You’ll study wildlife up close and learn about nature all around you. There are plenty of skills for you to master, and you can teach others what you have learned.
Troop 59 currently has 75 registered Boy Scouts ranging in age from 11 to 17 years old. We have a proud history of helping motivated Scouts earn their Eagle Scout rank.
Recent Troop 59 activities have included:
- Winter snow campout
- Ski/snowboard trip
- Fishing Derby
- Spelunking campout
- Canoe trip and beach campout
- Code Red First Aid meet
- 2 to 3 day Backpacking trips
- 12 day 85-mile backpacking trip to Philmont Scout Ranch in Cimarron, New Mexico
- 10-mile day hikes
- Weekend campouts
- Summer camp at Camp Marin Sierra
- House of Air indoor dodgeball
- Troop picnic
- Numerous service projects, including several Eagle Scout projects
The troop has weekly meetings on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesday of each month from 7:30-8:30 pm at the Masonic Lodge in Larkspur.